[[sask:towns:chandler:start]]


Chandler

Chandler, Saskatchewan, Canada

Unincorporated Railway Point

Shown on Canadian National Railway CNR in 1927 below
Originally on a branch line of the Canadian Northern Railway, from Lampman to Radville.

Located SW Section 10, Township 5, Range 11

Latitude- 49° 20' North
Longitude- 103° 25' West

Located on the CNR line

Elevation 1904 ft


part of 1927 map shows Chandler 2 miles south of Midale

School shown bottom middle,
SE Section 33, Township 4, range 11, W2
Dead Lake # 990 School District

Midale is part of School District #908

Received a note from a Mr. Larry Hultgren whose Grandfather took down the Railway water tanks at Chandler, to make a granary on their farm.

No Post Office known.

No Elevator known.

per Macoun history book they only had a Railroad Station and a loading platform here.
Mail and Passengers were transferred to Midale regularly by 2 horse drawn stagecoaches.
In 1927 the CNR abandoned the Chandler Townsite.
The rail line was abandoned ca 1951

The Station was located just south of the Fred Isley farm
The Stregger family bought the station and turned it into their home.

Western Land Grants on Section 10
NE- Calvin Troupe
SE- Rudolph Berndt
*SW- Louis Johnson
NW- John S. Wickey

**Page Created by Doug Gent, July 17, 2011 © 2017




©

  • Last modified: 2017/10/21 21:51
  • by dlgent