[[sask:dadsmap:map_20]]

Overview Map Move North Move West Move East Move South

Map 20

View Hill School #2507 SW Section 35, Township 3, Range 8, W2

Schell School District #1022, NE Section 10, Township 5, Range 8, W2, senior trustee, V. Schell, Estevan, Assiniboia

Thorson School #1013, located at NE Section 29, Township 4, Range 9, W2, 4 miles East and 1/2 mile North of Macoun, shown on this map

Brovold School #1446 located on SW Section 18, Tsp 4, Rge 8, W2

Ellsworth School #1860 Located on SE Section 20, Tsp 5, Rge 9, W2

3 miles north and 3 miles west of View Hill School, or 14 miles north of Estevan, was the Snassen Lutheran Church,
The First Lutheran Church Congregation in the area.
Located at NW Section 17 ,Township 4, Range 8, W2
It opened in 1903. the Church bell was bought in 1919, and used until 1956.
It was moved to the Bell tower at 432 2nd st. per Historical walking tour booklet
It was Cast Iron, It's weight was 600 pounds.

It is now at 738 2nd st, the New Trinity Lutheran Church Bell Tower
Services were held in Norwegian at this Church.
1956 They amalgamated with Trinity Lutheran Church

  • Last modified: 2020/01/19 20:46
  • by dlgent