Woodcock's Landing

Woodcock's Landing, British Columbia, Canada

William Henry Woodcock established Woodcock's Landing at the mouth of the Skeena River.

Native name of Woodcock, “Willaclough”, translated to “The Place of Slides”


1872 ad for W. H. Woodcock's Landing

later this area was sold to a Colonel Lane, a Salmon Packer from the Columbia River, and the Inverness Cannery was built here.
It was on the North side of the mouth of the Skeena, and Port Essington was on the south side.

It took 2 1/2 hours, by steamer, to go from Port Essington to Woodcock's Landing.



©

  • Last modified: 2017/11/25 10:07
  • by dlgent